Speedwell Weather System DataStore
- SWS DataStore is an enterprise client-server software package designed to store large volumes of weather
data and weather forecasts and other time-series data.
- SWS comprises a server application and database with desktop applications that allow the user to query, compare, analyse, visualise and export data.
- Weather data is stored respecting the numerous different data quality types (e.g. Synop / Climate / Cleaned, etc) for
an unlimited number of standard and user-defined weather variables.
- Database structure supports metadata and information flags for each data point.
- SWS stores both ensemble and deterministic forecasts. Ensemble forecasts may comprise any number of members of any
length (e.g. 51 member ECMWF, 9 member GFS, 15-day, monthly, seasonal, etc.).
- SWS DataStore handles data and forecast feeds from many service providers, allowing the user to compare forecasts and data from
a variety of sources in a single application.
- Data and forecasts automatically imported to the database around the clock to ensure that the most up to date information is always available.
- SWS DataStore SWS is a fully scalable system capable of meeting the requirements of the largest
corporate weather data user: We have users running from 10 to over 100,000 weather data sites.
- SWS can support any date/value time series, not just weather data.
- SWS supports daily, hourly and sub hourly time series.
- A full audit trail showing any weather data changes over time (e.g. revised data points) is provided.
- SWS is an open system. Data and software components can be accessed via API.
- SWS is secure and operates a comprehensive permission based access structure.
- System easily configured to support new data and forecast feed formats.
- SWS can be installed locally within the client network or may be hosted by Speedwell.
- SWS Database and applications come with full technical support and training.